Integrate Your Marketing with Retargeting & Conversion Tracking Pixels

TapInfluence helps you integrate your marketing efforts and tracking by allowing third party code—often referred to as pixels—to be added to Retargeting & Conversion Tracking Pixels, within the In-Post Text section of Assignments. As with all In-Post Text, adding third party code to Retargeting & Conversion Tracking Pixels once ensures it will appear in all posts for that assignment.

Why would I use Retargeting & Conversion Tracking Pixels?

The most common use cases for adding third party code to Retargeting & Conversion Tracking Pixels are:

  • Retargeting
  • Conversion tracking
  • Tracking offline sales
  • Making content, for example recipes, "shoppable"

Where do I find Retargeting & Conversion Tracking Pixels?

Retargeting & Conversion Tracking Pixels can be found within the In-Post Text section of a Blog Post Assignment. Retargeting & Conversion Tracking Pixels are only available at certain subscription levels; please contact your Account Manager to learn more. 

How do I use Retargeting & Conversion Tracking Pixels?

Using Retargeting & Conversion Tracking Pixels is easy. Simply click the edit icon in Retargeting & Conversion Tracking Pixels and paste the pixel, or code snippet, exactly as instructed by the third party vendor.

Keep in mind:

  • TapInfluence does not control third party code; contact the third party vendor who issued the pixel to help troubleshoot issues 
  • Always ensure third party code is behaving as expected within blog posts by viewing initial posts as they are published
  • Retargeting & Conversion Tracking Pixels are always placed in the footer; this may not work for pixels that need to be placed elsewhere
  • Once blog posts are live, make sure to check the third party applications tracked by the pixels to verify you are seeing the data you expect
  • Pixel use is allowed only on self-hosted sites, not sites; if the pixel you have added is being stripped out, this may be the cause
  • Pixels that degrade the user experience, such as those that trigger pop-ups, are not considered best practices

What is Retargeting?

Method for marketers to 're-attract' previous visitors, often those who took a specific action but left the site before conversion:

  • Abandoned a shopping cart
  • Browsed product or pricing pages
  • Viewing but not submitting a contact form

Why is Retargeting Important?

Only 2% of web traffic converts on its first visit. Retargeting attempts to bring back the other 98%.  Retargeting can help you keep your brand in front of bounced traffic, after they leave your website.

Retargeting can be very effective because it focuses your advertising spend on people who are already familiar with your brand and have recently demonstrated interest.

How Does Retargeting Work?

Retargeting works by keeping track of people who visit your site and displaying your retargeting ads to them as they visit other sites online. To do this, marketers place an unobtrusive piece of JavaScript—often referred to as a pixel—in the footer of their website. This code creates a list of people that visit the site by placing anonymous retargeting "cookies" in their browser.

When your cookied visitors browse the Web, the cookie will let your retargeting provider know when to serve ads, ensuring that your ads are served to only to people who have previously visited your site.

What is Conversion Tracking?

Conversion tracking shows you actions people take after they click on your ads, for example, when they purchased a product, signed up for your newsletter, called your business or downloaded your app. These actions are called conversions.

Why is Conversion Tracking Important?

Conversion tracking helps marketers measure the return on investment of their ads by reporting on the actions people take after viewing the ads.

How Does Conversion Tracking work?

Conversion tracking works by keeping track of people who take actions you have defined as valuable, using an unobtrusive piece of code—often referred to as a pixel—where these actions take place. The conversion tracking process works slightly differently for each third party and for each conversion source.

By adding a conversion tracking tag, or code snippet, to a website or mobile app code, when a someone clicks on your ad from a third party, a temporary cookie is placed on their computer or mobile device. When that person complete the action you defined, the third party recognizes the cookie (through the code snippet you added), and a conversion is recorded.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.